Summer Snaps.


After what seems like one of the longest summers I have ever had; finishing my first year in May and not starting lectures again until October, I am now back to Brighton, reflecting on what has been a different but still incredible summer. My regular readers will know I was lucky enough to be able to go on two holidays, and visit some incredible places, but unlike most summers this one felt different. Usually my weeks would consist of numerous days out and activities with some of my closest friends. However this year was spent mainly working, as well as my friends who were working hard to save for their first years away at uni. Despite this I still had some wonderful spontaneous days with them. I snapped away blissfully like I always do, and these are some of my favourites from the past few months.



I started my summer off right with a weekend ticket to Wildlife Festival, where I saw some of my absolute favourites; James Bay, Jack Garratt, Annie Mac and a number of others. I also spent both days with Lauren, someone I became close with in first year, bonding over our similar music taste and bagel love. I can't wait for her to be back in Brighton so we can have more bagels and adventures together. 


This made Sam and I chuckle when I tried my hardest to order a tall frappuccino in french and the barista asked for my name. My Parisian alter ego, it was kinda sweet so I couldn't resist taking a photo.


One of my favourite things about this summer was seeing Sam discover a love for photography, after receiving a camera for his birthday. I enjoyed wandering around Paris with him asking me questions about how to use his camera on manual modes so he could start taking control of his photographs rather than shooting in auto. This little snap is from outside the Louvre, where we stopped for a drink in the shade. It made me really appreciate this little common interest that we share. 


Southampton Docks. After many visits to the shore I've never appreciated this view until now. 


From my last day in my first ever student house. Felt a little bit emotional closing the door for the last time after creating so many memories there. Although the house gave me lots of highs and lots of lows it is a place that I will always treasure in Brighton. Bye bye p drove!



Minehead will always be the little town that I grew up in, the little town that was complete only by one person: Dad. Its been hard going back to this wonderful place ever since we lost him 3 years ago, but this year was the first time his family had made the journey down from Liverpool to visit his bench. A little project my brother and I supported, funding a bench and plaque for him in the town that he loved. Its in the perfect spot, in a park where I spent the majority of my summers while growing up. 


Not to forget the wonderful people that I met in that little town. Ashleigh, Estelle and Daniel. We are now embarking on our twentieth year of friendship. 20 years?! When did that happen!? A trip to the pub was in order while I was visiting, to catch up before we all head back to, or start at university. 


From one of mine and Holly's many coffee dates. A little browse around Winchester, and I couldn't help but take a snap of the floor in one of my favourite shops; The Hambledon, when I noticed it was sprinkled with glitter. 


Now I am currently back in my happy place, ready to embark on my second year at The University of Brighton. I've been lucky enough that the summer weather has continued a little bit into September, meaning I could enjoy some sunny days on the beach, but now I am ready for Autumn to arrive. 

Thanks for reading!
Amelia x