Amsterdam



Those of you following me on Instagram will know I recently spent a week in Amsterdam visiting my best friend from Canada, who lucky for me, was interning in this incredible city. When Faye told me she would be in Europe for the summer, I knew that where ever she ended up I had to go and see her. I had always wanted to visit Amsterdam as I've heard so many good things from people that have been and can't resist a new city to explore with my camera. So here are some of my snaps from one of my favourite European cities. 























We also spent a day away from Amsterdam and visited a few places recommended to us by Faye's flatmates. Utrecht is another of the Netherlands biggest cities, it has all of Amsterdam's quirks with less tourists and a more authentic Dutch feel. 





Next we visited Haarlem, a city on the outskirts of Amsterdam. The atmosphere here was lovely and friendly, we wanted to visit as Faye's family once lived here. After a short walk we managed to find the house where Peer (Faye's dad) grew up, with the family clock still intact on the outside of the building.






I was so caught up exploring this vibrant city, catching up with my friend and taking endless photographs, the week was over in no time. A massive thank you to my lovely friend Faye for hosting me, hopefully see you back in England soon!

For anyone looking for a European getaway this summer, I would definitely recommend Amsterdam as a great place to explore local culture and sightsee. My flights from Gatwick cost £47 return just 3 weeks in advance and if you explore outside of the tourist hotspots, food and drink is reasonable and overall a great city break.

-Amelia x