Blogmas #1


It's already a week into December, so maybe I should get myself in gear and give you a little Blogmas update of what I've been up to this week...





Catching up with my friend Lewis from home, who also studies here in Brighton we headed straight to our favourite coffee shop; The Flour Pot Bakery, where we chatted away about how we plan to live together next year over a hot chocolate and a latte. Although it was freezing we sat outside because it was packed, but I felt super Christmassy all wrapped up drinking a hot drink.

I also used this opportunity while I was in town to pick up a few Christmas gifts for my family as I already had pretty clear ideas of what I wanted to get. I managed to get most of them but I still have a few more people to buy for. Look out for a Christmas gift guide coming very soon!

Over the weekend I headed back to Southampton with Sam to put up the Christmas decorations at home. This was pretty exciting for all of us as this is our first Christmas in the new house.

Putting up the decorations in our house always takes all day, because *shock* last year's fairy lights don't work anymore. So someone has to face the dreaded shops on the first weekend of December to get some new ones before we can put the ornaments on. (It happens EVERY year without fail, but we still always forget to buy them beforehand.) This meant that I completely forgot to take a picture of the tree in the living room because it was dark by the time we had finished, but here's a cosy picture of a few of the other decorations we put up.


Jodie popped round to help out while she was home for the weekend, and catch up with us all before she heads back to Bristol. Also we got super cute penguin lights for outside the house, which the neighbours absolutely adored. Not to forget mine and mums favourite Christmas Yankee Candle was lit for the first time this year, making the house smell like Christmas as I've always known it.

Although I am back in Brighton now, in a not so Christmassy student house. I've got 2 more weeks of working and university, then will be heading home to spend a few days doing absolutely nothing but eating and catching up with family and friends that I haven't seen for what feels like ages!

What have you been up to this week?

See you soon!

Amelia x