Blogmas: A day in London




For me Christmas always includes a little day trip to London or Brighton, so as I now live in Brighton a trip up to the city was calling. Luckily for me Helena was still there for university and work so I was able to arrange a day to go up a visit her, as well as enjoy the festivities being put on around the city.


As we both moved to uni beginning of September it had been almost 4 months since we'd seen each other, and with myself starting second year and Helena being a fresher living in London we had so much to catch up on. So first stop was coffee and lunch in Pret.




We spent some time wondering around the Christmassy parts of London; Borough Market and Carnaby street. Mainly window browsing before heading to some more affordable shops. Although I wish I could buy everything in Liberty's as Christmas presents. 





We also took a trip to Oxford Street and Selfridges to do some Christmas present shopping. Despite being majorly disappointed when we found out this unicorn in Hamley's cost £40, we still managed to have fun taking photos with it. 


Covent Garden was a must visit as I wanted to see the Christmas decorations and we also stopped for dinner here before we headed over to Winter Wonderland.



Neither of us had visited Winter Wonderland before and we were both amazed at how huge it was. The stalls and German food made it feel really festive, and the whole atmosphere was so fun. We didn't go on any rides as they were very pricey, but if I was to go back I would book to go on the ice rink. Hopefully there will be time for ice skating while I'm in Brighton before heading home for Christmas. I had such a lovely day catching up with Helena and getting myself in the Christmas spirit.

I'm looking forward to some days off work I have that I can spend getting Christmassy back in Brighton.

-Amelia